What data do we collect?
The Site may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address, physical address, and payment information
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Users of the Site are under no statutory or contractual requirement or other obligation to provide personal information to us via this website.
How do we collect your data?
Data is collected directly when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Data is collected indirectly from the following sources:
- If you access this Site, your use of the Site shall be subject to the standard monitoring technologies used on the Site (for example, Google Analytics) described as Site Monitoring Data below. Additionally, we maintain a number of public profiles on other platforms such as Facebook and YouTube, which are open to all visitors, and subject to the terms and conditions of the respective social platform.
- We may collect information and data regarding how the Site is used, processes information, and otherwise performs (“Site Monitoring Data”). We access and monitor the use of the Site all other actions and data within the Site and the use of the Site by you. Site Monitoring Data is not shared with third parties except: (1) law enforcement or other governmental agency as detailed herein; or, (2) in the aggregate without any personally identifying information. All Site Monitoring Data and the analysis and compilations of aggregate Site Monitoring Data is proprietary information owned by us.
How will we use your data?
We require the information we collect from you both, directly and indirectly, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Improve our products and services.
- Send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We share information with our authorized dealers you select as a courtesy to them so that they can better support your requests for help; if you are a dealer, we may share your dealership information with company service providers to better support you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We may also share your data with other companies in the Valco Group so that they may offer you their products and services.
You may opt out of sharing your personal data by contacting us using the information provided below.
When we process your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies including, but not limited to, Dunn and Bradstreet, fcibglobal.com, federal sanctions lists, and our credit card processor, eBiz, to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Your data is securely stored in the United States. We will keep your personal data for three (3) years and then it will be archived on a server system separate from our main production servers.
Information regarding the transfers of personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt-out later. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Valco Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please send an email, phone us, or write us at the contact information below.
What are your data protection rights?
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access– You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification– You have the right to request the correction of any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure– You have the right to request that we erase your personally identifiable information.
- The right to restrict processing– You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing– You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability– You have the right to request that transfer of personal data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: +1 (419) 678-8731
Or write to us: VAL-CO Unsubscribe Dept, PO Box 8, New Holland, PA 17557
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to file a complaint concerning our processing of your personal data with your national (or in some countries, regional) data protection authority. The EU Commission has a list here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Used so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies is used.
- Advertising – Used to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and you may remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of the site features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Call us at: +1 (419) 678-8731